Replace Wood Floor In Boat What Kind Of "wood" Or "marine Board" Would I Need To Fix The Floor On My Boat? I'm Replacing The Floorboard.?

What kind of "wood" or "marine board" would I need to fix the floor on my boat? I'm replacing the floorboard.? - replace wood floor in boat

I have a Glastron 17 "ski boat. Tiled floor Do a little bit. Take only the seats and carpets. So I want to replace wood or another. The man I bought it said that some time ago, but with the weakness of the Council. ... This is why I want to know how to use the right wood or cardboard. I have not pulled the carpet yet, but it seems that the wood about 1 / 4 "to 1 / 2". I am a big guy with great friends, so I needed something urgently. Ideas? How thick, what type, etc ... Thanks in advance!

PS: I think 3 / 4 "anti-plated marine grade. If you do not think, please let me know, and why.

6 comments:

frank m said...

3 / 4 layers of the sea-wood is fine, used Glastron 1 / 2 ORIGINAL, use any pressure treated or not.
Remove the old floor to check what is below, the wood decay is not stopped, the word old relay, but ONN will rot in no time.
If it still get rid of flotation foam under the floor, him.
Check the rail (and the rear! Are) still in good condition and replace them. Use the Douglas fir or more layers of 3 / 4 layers for the ground, correspondents, when turned off.
Mat and the use of epoxy or polyester.
After the establishment of the new foor, dek by a layer of mat and resin

See Classicglastron dot com (board) on the renewal of the soil and place Glastron questions, tips and questions about Glastron.

45 auto said...

The boat came with 1 / 2-5 / 8 are as big and not on the floor and edges in the air. and the weight is much better for the size and seal cut from top to bottom and can not rot.If water tank is under the control of soil and make sure that if you are not willing to lick. Install ribs and cross braces to strengthen the soil.

Gorkbark Porkduke Gefunken Fubar said...

3 / 4 "plywood should be fine as a structural support in the context of this work is not higher than 16" apart. The heavy use before it is too thin, no matter what you do.

People who are hacks tend to do things is the cheapest way possible, even if well short of what is required.

Typo Man III said...

3 / 4 may be an exaggeration, but it depends on the size, which extends from the background.
1 / 4, too thin. 1 / 2 would work well.
You definitely want Quality Marine Coatings.

seattles... said...

3 / 4 marine layer is a good idea. For complete instructions on replacing floors have a view on this page

http://rotdoctor.com/glass/GLrotrepair.h ...

Hope this helps

Richard D said...

I replaced my floor with marine resin and sealing layers of fiberglass mat and robust, strong as hell and water

Post a Comment